You cannot be sad while looking at this photo.
okay, this is the cutest shit ever. dammit i cant stand it
(Source: journeyintotheendnight, via purpleishboots)
(Source: vintageweddingideas, via themessesofmen)
"6 Things That Happened While Y'all Were Preoccupied With Gay Marriage" -
Over the past couple days, while everyone on Facebook has proceeded to change their profile pictures in an effort to show support for the American marriage equality movement, I was busy trying to figure out who the hell was who and, oh, found out about, you know, other shit that went on meanwhile:
- President Obama signed the ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ into law, effectively barring federal courts from halting the sale or planting of genetically modified (aka GMO) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds, regardless of the health issues might arise concerning GMOs in the future.
- A bill that targets transgender people was approved by an Arizona House panel. It shields businesses from civil or criminal liability if they ban people from restrooms that don’t match their birth-assigned sex.
- Kansas lawmakers got closer to passing a new law that will discriminate against people living with HIV or AIDS by forcing them to be ‘quarantined’.
- Rapper Rick Ross came under fire for the following date-rapey rap lyrics: “Put molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it… I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.” Meanwhile, over 1200 women in the U.S. were raped. And approximately 3 were murdered by intimate partners.
- Approximately 35,948 Americans were arrested, taken to jail and booked. That’s just in one day. The relative majority of them were arrested for nonviolent drug crimes. They were disproportionately Black and Latino.
- Around 2,000 queer youth around the country became homeless. That’s a conservative estimate.
The more you motherfuckin’ know (via Mia McKenzie / BlackGirlDangerous.org).
Ugh Monsanto. Ugh bathrooms. Ugh Quarantine and rape. There has to be something better.
This is how you lose her.
You lose her when you forget to remember the little things that mean the world to her: the sincerity in a stranger’s voice during a trip to the grocery, the delight of finding something lost or forgotten like a sticker from when she was five, the selflessness of a child giving a part of his meal to another, the scent of new books in the store, the surprise short but honest notes she tucks in her journal and others you could only see if you look closely.
You must remember when she forgets.
You lose her when you don’t notice that she notices everything about you: your use of the proper punctuation that tells her continuation rather than finality, your silence when you’re about to ask a question but you think anything you’re about to say to her would be silly, your mindless humming when it is too quiet, your handwriting when you sign your name in blank sheets of paper, your muted laughter when you are trying to be polite, and more and more of what you are, which you don’t even know about yourself, because she pays attention.
She remembers when you forget.
You lose her for every second you make her feel less and less of the beauty that she is. When you make her feel that she is replaceable. She wants to feel cherished. When you make her feel that you are fleeting. She wants you to stay. When you make her feel inadequate. She wants to know that she is enough and she does not need to change for you, nor for anyone else because she is she and she is beautiful, kind and good.
You must learn her.
You must know the reason why she is silent. You must trace her weakest spots. You must write to her. You must remind her that you are there. You must know how long it takes for her to give up. You must be there to hold her when she is about to.
You must love her because many have tried and failed. And she wants to know that she is worthy to be loved, that she is worthy to be kept.
And, this is how you keep her.
i was on a diet for a month and all i lost was 30 days
*drops food on floor*
germs: go get it! quick!
king germ: no.. we must wait 5 seconds.. it is the rule
(Source: jezie-of-stars, via mystandards)
(Source: gooddaypennylane, via soletsski)